Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Family Pictures

We took some family pictures on Saturday. Due to some miscommunication with the gal that was going to take them for us didn't make it, which is too bad because she is really good. Anyway we grabbed our camera and decided to take them ourselves. 1. Because we have a limited amount of time before Scott leaves and the weekends are packed. 2. Because it was a miracle my dad got ready and showed up for one photo session and asking for two miracles is pushing it. The pictures may not be the greatest but for taking them ourselves I think they turned out alright. Zach is a master of setting a camera somewhere and jumping in a picture. We didn't have to do quite that because we bought a fancy shamncy remote a while ago so that was nice. The best part was I got some practice with photo shop. I know there is tons to learn on that program but I felt a lot better about learning it once I realized how easy it was just to brighten the colors. This one is my favorite one of the whole shoot. It looks good in color too but I love the faded look.
I won't tell you what I said to get these two to ACTUALLY smile but it was good.

This one was the toughest to photo shop and I still don't think I did that great of a job. In the original photo you can't see Scott's eyes at all so I had to figure out just how to lighten his eyes. It is much better than it was but I'm sure someone who really knows what they are doing could make it better.
My dad actually smiling again. This hardly ever happens so catching twice on camera is pretty darn good. Aww aren't they cute.



The end. So what do you think? Are they okay enough to put on the wall for a couple of years?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely good enough for the wall ;-)
    Maylie's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are great pictures! And your dad is smiling! Twice! Hang them up and don't take them down until Scott is back and you take new ones :)

    ReplyDelete