Thursday, January 7, 2010

December (Finally!)

I can finally post pictures again! We had a really fun December month. We did some light seeing at temple square with my family and the zoo lights with just us. Maybear was so miserable at temple square but she did really well at the zoo. We got free tickets through my mom's work but I think I would pay to see them. Maybear's favorite part was looking at some of the birds they had out.
I turned 22 in December. That sounds so old to me! My parents took us to dinner the night before. Zach decorated the house for me. He made a flower on the wall out of streamers. I think it's pretty awesome. He may have a future in the streamer decorating career don't you think? I bought my own birthday present which Zach wasn't to happy about but...oh well. It's a Charles Dickens library. I love Dickens I'm so excited! My sister-in-law Katherine threw me a surprise "party" that weekend with some yummy pudding cake stuff.


We celebrated our 3rd anniversary in December as well. Three years already can you believe it? We went out to dinner while Maybear played at grandma's house. I forgot how relaxing it can be to go out to dinner! Funny story. Zach kept telling me not to go anywhere until the delivery man came because he was expecting something. Well I thought to myself the UPS guy doesn't come until the afternoon and even if I'm not here they can just take it to the office. So I went to the store came back to find a note from Flower Patch saying they tried to deliver some flowers but no one was here. I felt like such an idiot. They came back later with some beautiful pink roses. What a sweet husband.
My mom gave us her old countdown calender. You get to put an ornament on the tree everyday. Maybear loved it! She couldn't' quite get the ornaments on by herself but she knew how to pull them out of the calender and knew right where they were supposed to go. Some days she got upset because we only let her do one.
Christmas Eve we spent with Zach's brothers and his Dad. Zach played nerf guns with our nephews all night. I didn't think he was ever going to let us go home he was having so much fun. Here is my favorite picture from the battle.
We had a really nice Christmas day. We woke up and opened presents. This is the first year we've actually done presents at our house and I was so excited! I wasn't sure whether Maybear would understand she was getting new toys but she totally did. She was so excited every time she opened a present. Story time. We gave Maybear a doll and she is so precious with it. It makes a crying noise and a laughing noise. When it cries she'll feed it it's bottle and she'll rock it back and forth in her arms. Melts my heart...of course then she gets sick of it and throws it head first into something,but it's cute when she likes it.
Before breakfast we went to my parents and opened presents with them. Wow were were spoiled! We went to breakfast at IHOP with my Dad's family. Maybear went down for a nap while Zach and I put all her new toys together. Unfortunately, mama didn't do a very good job at stocking up on batteries. Luckily grandma saved the day. When Maybear woke up we went to see Zach's dad. Usually we go over there for dinner but it was nice to not have so many people there because Zach actually got some one on one time with his Dad.
In the evening we headed back to my parents for dinner and some Monopoly on the Wii. I got really mad at losing. I'm such a poor sport!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had an awesome Christmas! Congrats on 3 years! This year will be our 3rd too! :S Crazy how time flies!

    ReplyDelete