I've been feeling a little bit down and terrible recently which makes me feel terrible because I know it's the season to be thankful. So I thought I would make a list of things I have to be thankful for. Just for the record once you get past 4 they aren't really ranked in any order of importance.
1. Zach- No matter how grumpy I am, Zach is always there for me to make it better. He always makes me laugh and gives me the best hugs and encouragement. He works long hard hours so that I can stay home with our little girl. I am so lucky to have him.
2. Maybear- I realize everyday of my life how big of a miracle the Maybear is. She stretches me to be better and of course she is just the sweetest girl in the world.
3. My Mom- I have the best mom in the world. I imagine that in the premortal existence I begged the Lord to let me have her as my mom and he let me as a big favor. She always makes time for me and makes me feel important.
4. Katherine- Not many people will put up with me (I actually can't really name another person) but Katherine hangs out with me and I can talk to her about anything. I'm sure she is friends with me out of sister-in-lawly duty but whatever the reason for her being nice I'm glad she is.
5. Our Apartment- Yes, it's loud and it's noisy, and I'm sad we didn't get into a house this year but really it's warm. It's more than enough space and there isn't a swamp on our porch (like in our last apartment) so I should be more grateful for it.
6. The Dog- He is my arch nemesis. But deep down I'm glad he's here. It's nice to have him bark whenever someone gets too close to our door or when annoying sales people show up. Also, I'm glad the weird creepy guys at the park stay far away from us on our walks because of him. Plus, he keeps my feet warm at night.
7. Chocolate- 'nuff said.
8. Dishwasher, Washer, Dryer, Fridge, Oven, etc.- Can you imagine life without them, ick.
9. Bishop (I can't even think of his last name isn't that so sad?? His first name is Daniel though)- I really don't think we would have made it to the temple as quickly as we did without his help. We owe him our happily ever after.
10. Living in America- I always feel so guilty for complaining about anything when I hear some story of someone living in destitution in another country. We are truly blessed here. Living in Utah- I don't think I would be unhappy living somewhere else but it's nice to have a million temples just down the street.
11. Our cars- I would be a lousy mass tranistee.
12.The Office- The fact that it is on this list means I need an intervention. But sincerely, I love it.
13.Our Health- I don't think I truly appreciate this one, I don't think anyone does until it's gone, but wow we are lucky that the three of us have no serious health problems.
14. Instant Yeast- Weird, I know but discovering it this past year has really saved us some money and made some delicious breads. Thank you to http://karaskitchencreations.blogspot.com for introducing me to it.
15. Technology- I say anyone who says they don't love this is lying or really has no idea what they're missing out on. I am glad I live in this day and age.
...last and certainly not least, the gospel. I hate the ward we're in but it's nice to know that the same principles are taught whether we like the people there or not. I love my Savior. I know no matter how down trodden and lonely I feel he is there for me. I know as long as I do my best he'll help with the rest. Even when I turn away from him he does not turn away from me. I'm so thankful for the scriptures they speak peace to my heart. I'm thankful for a living prophet. I love reading the words of the modern apostles. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving me everything that I have. I am redetermined to be more grateful to him and live more deserving of the blessings he gives me. I know I have hundreds more to be thankful for and I resolve to notice them more each day.